1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date of your first use of the site.
2. Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
3. Copyright Restrictions:
3.1 All rights reserved; no part of this website, including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons may be copied, republished, posted, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright holders.
3.2 Documents on the site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose, except for personal, non-commercial use. Prior written permission is required for all other use.
4. External links to and from the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre website:
4.1 Any organisation wishing to set up a link to this site must request this by contacting email@example.com
4.2 The existence of a link from any organisation's site to the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre site does not imply that Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
4.3 Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other parties' websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. This Company will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
5.1 The names, images and logos identifying Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained therein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre or any third-party.
The photographs of individuals used within this site to illustrate Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre’s work may be posed by models and may or may not depict actual situations.
7. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third-party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
8. This site and the information, names, images, photographs, logos and icons regarding or relating to Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre, its products and services (or to third-party products and services) is provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
9. Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre does not accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of this site.
10. Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre does not warrant that the functions contained in the material included in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
12. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
14. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
15. A note on guest bloggers:
We occasionally have guest bloggers post on our site. The views and opinions expressed within these guest posts are those of the author alone and do not necessarily represent the views of Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within the post are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. We welcome and encourage the sharing of information and ideas related to dyslexia but it is not our policy to endorse third-party views.
16. Cancellation Policy
Notification of cancellation of a course for instance, in person, via email, mobile phone ‘text message’ and/or fax, or any other means will be accepted subject to confirmation in writing. We reserve the right to levy a £30 charge to cover any subsequent administrative expenses. Please see the Helen Arkell Course Cancellation Policy.
17. Any questions regarding this site should be sent to the Marketing Department, Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Charity Number 1064646
Registered in England No. 3432423
A Company limited by guarantee
VAT Registration Number 226 9919 68
Cancellation Policy: the following terms apply to all registrations:
● No fee will be refunded if we receive less than one month’s notice of cancellation
● 50% of the cost will be refunded for cancellation made more than one month before the course date.
● Please note that course fees are non-transferable
If you cannot make it, we understand! If you cannot join us for this event we cannot refund your fee, but, if you let us know more than one month before the session, we are able to refund £10. Sadly, this fee is non-transferable.
The following terms apply to all registrations:
Included in the price is a booking fee of £30. This is not refundable unless the course is cancelled by Helen Arkell.
● No fee will be refunded if we receive less than one month’s notice of cancellation
● 50% of the course fee paid, less the booking fee, will be refunded for cancellations made more than one month before the course date
● Please note that course fees are non-transferable
Cancellation Policy: the following terms apply to all registrations:
● No fee will be refunded if we receive less than one month’s notice of cancellation
● 50% of the cost will be refunded for cancellation made more than one month
before the course date
● Please note that course fees are non-transferable
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in it.
Please click on the button marked "I agree to the Terms & Conditions" when making your purchase if you accept them. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our website.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 6. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 07/12/15.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
1. We operate the website www.helenarkell.org.uk. We are The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03432443 and a registered charity with the Charities Commission (Registered number: 1064646). Our registered office and trading address is Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre, Arkell Lane, Frensham, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 3BL.
2. To contact us, please email us at via our contact page.
2. OUR PRODUCTS
1. All Products shown on our website are subject to availability. We will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is not available and we will not process your order if made.
3. USE OF OUR WEBSITE
1. Your use of our website is governed by our Terms of website use. Please take the time to read this, as it includes important terms which apply to you.
3. If you are a consumer you may only purchase Products from our website if you are at least 18 years old.
4. If you are a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
5. If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
1. In order to place an order for Products on our website you should:
a. Select the Product (or Products) you wish to purchase and click “Add to basket”;
b. Once you have finished selecting Products, you should click “Proceed to Checkout”;
c. You will then be taken through the payment process via a sequence of screens. You should move from one step to the next by clicking “Next Step” or “Proceed”.
d. You will first be asked to provide your delivery address and invoice address and to confirm that you have read and agreed to our Terms and Conditions. Please ensure your details are correct as you won’t be able to amend them later.
e. Next you will be shown your order summary including shipping costs
f. Then you will be asked to provide the details of the card which you will be using to pay for the Products.
g. Finally, when you have entered the correct information and wish to continue, click “Confirm Card Details” and “Pay Now”.
2. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
3. After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 5.
4. We will confirm our acceptance to you by dispatching the goods.
5. If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our website as referred to in clause 10.e, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
6. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
a. We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- changes in how we accept payment from you; or
- changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
1. Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
2. Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this clause 6, we will keep you informed and give you notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
7. YOUR CANCELLATION AND REFUND RIGHTS IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER
This clause 7 only applies if you are a consumer.
0. If you are purchasing as a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract during the period set out below in clause 7.2. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
1. The right to cancel policy below does not include software, DVDs or CDs where the product has a seal that has been broken. If the goods are faulty our standard policy applies, see clause 7.5.
2. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date we dispatch the order, which is when the Contract between us is formed. Once the Products have been delivered to you, you have a period of 14 working days in which you may cancel, starting from the day after the day you receive the Products. Working days means that Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays are not included in this period. You may not cancel any Contract after this period unless we agree.
3. To cancel a Contract, please contact us by e-mail or via our contact page. Or print off the Model Cancellation Form and return to us. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records.
4. If you cancel the Contract during the period in clause 7.2:
. we will refund to you the price you paid for the Products including any delivery costs which you paid when purchasing the Products. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 calendar days of the day on which we received the goods or evidence of the goods received
a. you shall be required to return the Products in accordance with clause 7.7; and
b. if you returned the Products to us because they were faulty or mis-described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality, please see clause 7.9.
5. If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 7.5 because they are faulty or mis-described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality, we will refund the price of a defective Product in full together with any applicable delivery charges up to standard delivery, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
6. Any refunds we make to you shall be on the credit card or debit card which was used by you to pay.
7. If the Products which you wish to return were delivered to you:
a. you must return the Products to us as soon as reasonably practicable;
b. unless the Products are faulty or not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality (in this case, see clause 7.5), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us;
c. you have a legal obligation to keep the Products in your possession and to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession.
8. Details of your legal right to cancel and an explanation of how to exercise it are provided in clause 7.
9. As a consumer, you will always have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by the returns policy in this clause 7 or these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
10. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, if the product is faulty, not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality; during the expected lifespan of your product you're entitled to a full refund up to 30 days; if it can’t be repaired or replaced you are entitled to a refund in most cases up to 6 months. If the goods do not last as reasonably expected you may be entitled to some money back within six years.
0. Your order will be fulfilled by the estimated delivery stated on the postage and packing option, unless there is an Event Outside Our Control. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date.
1. Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us.
2. The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
3. You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
9. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
a. You may place an order for Products from outside the UK, and postage and packing will be added accordingly.
10. PRICE OF PRODUCTS AND DELIVERY CHARGES
a. We use our best efforts to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered, please see clause 10.e for what happens in this event.
b. Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Dispatch Confirmation.
c. The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
d. The price of a Product does not include delivery charges.
e. Our website contains a number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts some of the Products on our website may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will inform you in writing to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
11. HOW TO PAY
a. You can only pay for Products in GBP Sterling using a debit card or credit card. We accept the following cards: Visa Credit, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Maestro. Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will charge your debit card or credit card on receipt of your order.
12. OUR LIABILITY IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS
This clause 12 only applies if you are a business customer.
a. We only supply the Products for internal use by your business, and only with our agreement do you use the Product for any re-sale purposes.
b. Nothing in these Terms limit or exclude our liability for:
. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
a. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
b. breach of the terms implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015; or
c. defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
4. Subject to clause 12.b, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
. any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
a. loss or corruption of data, information or software;
b. loss of business opportunity;
c. loss of anticipated savings;
d. loss of goodwill; or
e. any indirect or consequential loss.
5. Subject to clause 12.b and clause 12.c , our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed 120% of the price of the Products.
13. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS, WE DO NOT GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTIES OR UNDERTAKINGS IN RELATION TO THE PRODUCTS. ANY REPRESENTATION, CONDITION OR WARRANTY WHICH MIGHT BE IMPLIED OR INCORPORATED INTO THESE TERMS BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE IS EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN PARTICULAR, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSES.
14. OUR LIABILITY IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER
This clause 14 only applies if you are a consumer.
0. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
1. We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
2. We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
a. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
c. any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
d. any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
e. defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
15. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
0. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 15.2.
1. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
2. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
. our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
16. COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US
0. When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail.
1. If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these Terms requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by e-mail or by pre-paid post to Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre at Arkell Lane, Frensham, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 3BL. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing, normally by e-mail. If you are a consumer and exercising your right to cancel under clause 7, please see clause 7 for how to tell us this.
2. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
17. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
0. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you by posting on this webpage if this happens.
1. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
2. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms However, if you are a consumer, the recipient of your gift of a Product we and you will not need their consent to cancel or make any changes to these Terms.
3. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
5. Please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
6. We will not file a copy of the Contract between us.
The shop at the Centre is open Mondays to Fridays 9am - 5pm except Bank Holidays. Online orders will be sent out during these opening hours. We are closed for the Christmas period between Christmas and New Year.
If your item is in stock, it will despatched the day we receive your order, or the next working day.
If your book or resource is not in stock, we will need to order it from the publisher. As a specialist bookshop, please appreciate some titles are more difficult to source and these orders can take longer to despatch.
We will notify you by e mail when orders are sent.
This depends on the shipping or postage service you have selected.
Our standard shipping service is UK mainland 2-3 days delivery.
We charge per parcel weight. Shipping costs are shown when you complete your order.
Very occasionally we do not have a book in stock and it may also be ‘out of print’ at the publisher. In this case we will email you and refund your money.
You are not able to track your order – contact us if you would like to find out the status of your order. If your order has not yet been despatched, then the likelihood is that we have had to order it from the publisher and have yet to receive it.
If your order was despatched and you could reasonably have expected to have it by now please call us on 01252 792 400 or email us via our contact page.
If only part of the order was available, we despatch that straight away and send the rest of the items as we receive them from the publisher.
If your order has already been sent, then you are unable to cancel. You will be able to return the item. However, the costs of returning the item will be deducted from the refund. Please see the how to return for more detail.
Should you change your mind about your order the Helen Arkell Shop operates a 'no questions asked' returns policy providing we receive the item back within 14 working days from delivery. This policy is in accordance with the UK Distance Selling Regulations and Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. A full refund will be given for the returned items that are in a pristine, unused condition and the original postage costs, but any postage costs incurred when returning your items will be at your own cost.
This policy does not extend to any sealed audio, video recording or computer software. These are subject to our standard returns policy below.
After the 'no questions asked' 14 day period we will be happy to accept items for return if:
The item was found to be damaged or faulty or not fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality – in which case we will either replace the item or give you a full refund (including postage costs). You need to let us know which you prefer. If you want a replacement we wait to receive the faulty copy from you before despatching a new one.
The item was incorrectly supplied. - If we have made a mistake in fulfilling your order, a full refund (including postage costs) will be given.
The item does not meet with your requirements. - We will refund the ordered item only (all postage costs will be incurred by the customer) if it is returned within 30 days, is in pristine and resalable condition and accompanied by a copy of the delivery note or receipt.
Items should be returned in their original packaging to:
Helen Arkell Shop
Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre
Items should be returned to us by the most economical method. They remain your property until we have received them. All returns are accepted at the discretion of the Helen Arkell Shop, and refunds will be given in the same tender type as the original payment. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation see our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Firstly please check your account to make sure the order has been despatched. If it’s been sent and you could reasonably expect to have received by now, then please do contact our customer service department on 01252 792 400 or email us via our contact page. They will investigate on your behalf. If the items cannot be found then they will either arrange for replacements or agree a refund.
Contact our customer service department on 01252 792 400 who will arrange replacements or a refund.
For online orders, electronic payment is required.
Visa credit card
Please note that we are unable to accept Electron cards, Amex, cheques, vouchers, book tokens or cash orders as methods of payment online.
If you are an overseas customer we would remind you this is a UK based website and all prices are in pounds sterling. You may place an order for products from outside the UK and postage will be added accordingly or you may wish to contact the Shop direct via our contact page or calling the Shop on 01252 792400.
Your card will be debited when you place the order.
VAT is exempt on the majority of books. Some books and all learning resources are subject to standard rate of VAT. Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre is VAT registered: VAT Registration Number: 226 9919 68
Once you have logged on you will have the option to Update Your Contact Details and your Billing and Delivery Information. Once you have made any changes click on Save Changes. Your details should now have updated.
You can get another password by typing your e-mail address into the forgotten your password window and submitting. You will then be sent an e-mail with a new password. Should you still be experiencing difficulties give us a call.
Yes, simply log on with your existing e-mail address and go to the Your Account menu on the right hand side of the screen. Click on Update Your Contact Details which will take you to your personal details. Type your new e-mail address in the appropriate window the scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Save Changes. Your e-mail address will now have updated.
The Helen Arkell Shop uses industry standard payment processing service supports internationally recognised security checks including:
Card Verification Value (CVV2)
Address Verification Service (AVS)
Cardholder authentication (Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode)
Surveys show there is less fraud on the Internet than in real life (such as using your credit card in a department store or at a restaurant), and we're confident that we are offering the most secure service possible. Information passed between your computer and our website cannot be read in the unlikely event that it is intercepted by someone else.
We recognise the concern of our customers regarding privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We are committed to protecting your privacy and all information you provide is stored securely, is not accessible to other users, and will not be distributed to any other third party.
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will e-mail you to keep you up to date with your orders. However, we will not send you marketing emails unless you have given us your consent. We will also give you the opportunity to unsubscribe on all marketing emails and you may unsubscribe yourself on your online profile at any time.
The type of information we will collect includes your name, address, phone number, email address and credit/debit card details.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser which allows the server to identify the browser on each page. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but that means you won’t be able to place an order.
Back to the top
If you have any questions or need advice we’d love to talk to you. Alternatively you can e-mail us via our contact page. We will try to answer your e-mail within 24 hours. However at busier times this may not always be possible.
The Helen Arkell Shop is staffed full time between 9.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday except bank holidays and the Christmas period.
From time to time things may go wrong. Should you have any complaint please contact us as soon as possible us on 01252 792 400 or email us at via our contact page and we will do everything in our power to resolve the problem.